The ThingML language and tools are developed the based on the results from several research project in which SINTEF is and has been involved.
Here is a list of project which use ThingML and/or contributed to its development:
- HEADS (2011-2015) : Heterogeneous and Distributed Services across the computing continuum. European project - FP7.
- ArrowHead (2013-2016) : Enable collaborative automation by networked embedded devices. European project - ARTEMIS.
- CORBYS (2011-2015) : Cognitive Control Framework for Robotic Systems. Funded by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Program.
- ENVIROFI (2010-2013) : The Environmental Observation Web and its Service Applications within the Future Internet. The Future Internet Public-Private-Partnership (FI-PPP) research programme.
- MODERATES (2010-2013) : Model Driven Engineering for Adaptive Internet of Things. SINTEF ICT Strategic Project (SISP).
- REMICS(2010-2013) : Reuse and Migration of Legacy Applications to Interoperable Cloud Services - STREP - 7th Framework Program.
- VERDE (2009-2012) : VERification-oriented and component-based model-Driven Engineering for real-time embedded systems. Europen project - ITEA.
- DiVA (2008-2011) : Dynamic Variability in complex, Adaptive systems. European project - STREP - 7th Framework Program.
- MoSIS (2008-2011) : Model-driven development of highly configurable embedded Software-intensive Systems. European project - ITEA.
Scientific publications related to the development of ThingML:
- Franck Fleurey, Brice Morin, Arnor Solberg and Olivier Barais. MDE to Manage Communications with and between Resource-Constrained Systems. In proceedings of 14th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems, MODELS 2011, Wellington, New Zealand, October 16-21, 2011.
- Franck Fleurey, Brice Morin, and Arnor Solberg. A Model-Driven Approach to Develop Adaptive Firmwares. In SEAMSí11: 6th International Symposium on Software Engineering for Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems. Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, May 2011.